We Build Community.
For 25 years Parastone Developments Ltd. has been a locally owned and operated, people-focused company with a commitment to delivering signature projects and services that make our community a better place to live and work. Due to growth and innovation, we are excited to be adding a PROJECT MANAGER who will play the lead role in planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing our commercial construction projects. The Project Manager is responsible to ensure that the project is delivered safely on schedule, on budget and that the quality parameters are met.
At Parastone, it really is the best of both worlds. Live and adventure in the beautiful Elk Valley – Fernie, British Columbia and grow and develop your career as an integral part of our amazing team. We pride ourselves on being a trail blazer with our unique, community enhancing projects and our flexible work environment that ensures work-life balance for our most important asset – our people.
We provide our exceptional customers with a comprehensive range of development and construction services including land servicing, high quality residential new construction and landmark commercial and institutional construction projects. Parastone’ s projects range in size from $300,000 to over $30 million.
Do you enjoy:
- Developing, monitoring and controlling the scope of deliverables, work plans project schedules and budgets in conjunction with the project team?
- Demonstrating leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on projects and ensuring team alignment to site safety policies and procedures?
- Analyzing project drawings, specifications and permits to determine scope and schedule requirements necessary for a successful completion?
- Managing the procurement process to ensure subcontractor / trade / supplier negotiations and contract awards are administered in accordance with company policy?
- Working on site as required to ensure schedule, budget, and quality?
- Overseeing Site Superintendents?
- Coordinating with the accounting department to ensure all billing, invoicing and admin processes are on track?
- Attending regularly scheduled project meetings with the customer and the engineer and managing all action items that result? Conducting close out meetings?
- Creating reports to support project completion on time, deficiencies are reported and completed on schedule, as well as cost reporting and financial projections for construction?
- Administrating and processing post – construction issues to ensure conformance to maintenance and warranty provisions of the CCDC contract?
- Managing all bidding and tendering processes in accordance with project requirements?
Does this sound like you?
- A positive, community focused mindset with a passion for living and working in one of the best places in Canada.
- Demonstrated, progressive experience in General Contracting as a Project Manager in commercial and institutional construction; direct field supervision of large institutional or commercial projects. Design-Build, Development work and/or High-Quality residential experience is a plus.
- A degree in engineering or diploma in engineering technology.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)designation is an asset.
- Gold Seal Certification (GSC) is an asset.
- Service and results-oriented, you are able to build and steward trust with a broad network of professional colleagues, subcontractors and team members to effect competitive excellence, pride in teamwork and outstanding project delivery.
- Proactive problem-solver that can manage difficult situations with positive results.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with MS Office including MS Excel and MS Project.
- Professional registration or eligibility for professional registration with EGBC would be an asset
Then we want to talk to you! Please reach out to us today to take the next step.
Wage dependent on experience. We wish to sincerely thank you for your interest in Parastone Developments Ltd; however, due to the significant amount of interest in our opportunities, only those selected to move forward in the selection process will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $130,000.00-$150,000.00 per year