Site SuperintendantJuly 19, 2021
Parastone Developments Ltd. is a Fernie, BC based Developer and Construction Company with a history of delivering signature projects in the Elk Valley area. Parastone provides a comprehensive range of development and construction services including land servicing, high quality residential new construction and landmark commercial and institutional construction projects. Parastone’s projects range in size from $300K to over $30 Million. For over 20 years Parastone has been a locally owned and people-focused company with a commitment to delivering signature projects that make our community a better place to live and work.
Parastone is currently looking to fill the role of Site Superintendent for in progress commercial and institutional projects in the Fernie, BC Area.
The Superintendent leads, directs and coordinates the work of subcontractors and own forces carpenters and labourers. This leadership position is responsible for the day-to-day management of the construction site on an assigned project, executing field operations safely and in a manner consistent with Company objectives.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide safety leadership through implementation of our COR certified Safety Program and monitoring of safety performance of field staff and subcontractors.
- Provide people leadership through establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with field staff and subcontractors in order to promote positive morale.
- Supervision and development of site team members through regular feedback, training and coaching.
- Contribute to the development and refinement of the project schedule.
- Administer contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, site instructions and change notices to ensure scopes, terms and conditions are properly executed.
- Identify and advise of design deficiencies, schedule interruptions or difficulties, and other project issues; works collaboratively with Project Manager to resolve issues.
- Monitor and evaluate subcontractor performance with regards to safety and scope of work.
- Ensure quality of subcontractor workmanship and building material.
- Ensure sufficient manpower is provided to achieve safety, schedule and quality objectives.
- Maintain daily paperwork including field reports, safety inspections, schedule updates, etc.
- Demonstrated, progressive experience in General Contracting as a Superintendent in commercial and institutional construction; direct field supervision of large institutional or commercial projects; Design-Build, Development work and/or High-Quality residential experience is a plus.
- Trade background in carpentry and/or Gold Seal Certification considered an asset.
- Effective supervision, coordination and scheduling of construction activities to ensure consistent completion of projects on-time, on budget and to the clients’ satisfaction.
- Demonstrated leadership, field management and problem-solving skills support your collaborative approach to delivering results and developing team members.
- Service and results-oriented, you are able to build and steward trust with a broad network of professional colleagues, subcontractors and team members to effect competitive excellence, pride in teamwork and outstanding project delivery.
- You have demonstrated competence in the areas of safety, workforce management, project execution, cost control, quality and administration.
- Proactive problem-solver that can manage difficult situations with positive results.
- Sound knowledge of construction and building techniques and ability to read and interpret contract drawings and specifications.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with MS Office including MS Excel and MS Project.
- A positive, community focused mindset with a passion for living and working in one of the best places in Canada.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in our opportunity, however only the candidates short-listed will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00-$120,000.00 per year