About Parastone Developments
We are a Fernie landmark construction and development firm
Locally owned and operated, our mission is to create unique properties that enhance the Fernie and Elk Valley area for the enjoyment of both residents and visitors alike.
Started in 1994 by Simon Howse, President and CEO, Parastone Developments has grown from a small family owned venture to the largest developer in the area. Today, Simon leads a team of diverse professionals who, over the past two decades, have acquired, developed and managed numerous commercial and residential projects throughout the Elk Valley. Each project has been successfully transformed from conceptual plans to market-ready spaces aimed at maximizing shareholder value.
Scope of Work
With our in-house expertise in construction management, Parastone oversees all requirements for project planning with a broad financial scope, ranging from $300,000 to project values up to $30,000, 000.
‘Builders of 901 Fernie’
Parastone is recognized for various commercial, residential and restoration projects, including the iconic 901 Fernie project. What was Fernie’s original schoolhouse was transformed in 2009 to become one of Western Canada’s most unmatched accommodation experiences, reflecting not only our firm’s scope of redevelopment but a keen interest in preserving the heritage of our community as well.
Residential Housing Projects
Building on a commitment to the community, in 2010, Parastone led an approach to develop 45 Attainable Housing units, in collaboration with BC Housing, the City of Fernie, Columbia Basin Trust and the local housing society. Known as the Veneto Place Project, this alliance created community housing solutions through a public/private partnership, with the initiative being a first in British Columbia.
More recently, Parastone has managed the creation of the new Montane Fernie community, including zoning, subdivision and servicing of more than 70 lots and construction of several mountain modern homes.
Our company and its representatives are actively involved in the business community, contributing to open dialogue, policy-input and knowledge on local, regional and other jurisdictional issues.
Our associations include:
- Fernie Chamber of Commerce – Member
- Tourism Fernie – Member (Real Estate Development and Construction Sector)
- Canadian Rockies International Airport Alliance
- Canadian Home Builders Association, President Rocky Mt. Division, Licensed Builder
- Southern Interior Construction Association
- Built Green BC
- Fernie & Area Builders and Developers Association – Director and Founding Member
Awards & Accolades:
- Selected as a Finalist for the prestigious Georgie Award by the Canadian Home Builders Association for 2010 (901 Fernie)
- Recognized for Excellence by the Georgie Awards in category of Best Multi-Family Low Rise Development in 2010 (Veneto Place Properties)
- Selected as ‘Fernie Business of the Year’ by the Fernie Chamber of Commerce – 2009
- Awarded Chamber Business Excellence Award for the 2009/2010
- Home Warranty/Protection Office
- Construction Safety Network – COR Certified
We are proud to take an active role in our community and believe in the greater good of giving back. We support several local community organizations, with a corporate emphasis on groups dedicated to promoting athleticism and youth activities throughout the Elk Valley.
- Kindergym Society
- Fernie Ghostriders Hockey
- Knights of Columbus
- Fernie and Sparwood Lions Club
- Fernie Historical Society
- TransRockies Mountain Bike Race
If you are interested in submitting a Request for Sponsorship from Parastone Developments, please send your inquiry to:
Parastone Developments Box 1900 Fernie, BC, V0B 1M0 Attn: Office Manager
Parastone Team of Companies
Parastone Developments Ltd. is part of the Parastone Team of Companies based in Fernie, BC, which owns and operates a variety of businesses in Fernie, including several in the restaurant and hospitality industry. Strong ties to the community have been a contributing factor in the continued success of our company.